HEALTH SCIENCE CAREERS – The Health Science Careers program introduces students to the health care field, with an emphasis on knowledge and skills applicable to many health care occupations.
Students explore health careers in their areas of interest, as well as targeted demand areas for future job openings. Students successfully completing all coursework, and the clinical internship, will be eligible to take the Washington State Nurse Assistant Certification (NAC) exam. Students successfully completing the course with a B or better grade may qualify to earn college credits. *Personal transportation is required for clinical.
- Students in the program may qualify for as many as 12.1 Walla Walla Community College credits.
- Food Handler's Card, CPR and First Aid Certification are included in the course.
- Seven (7) hours HIV certification.
- Scrubs adn Stethoscope will be provided for student use.
- A background check, immunizations, and a two (2) step TB test will be required.
- Prepare to take the Washington State Certified Nurse Assistant (NAC) exam (fees apply)
- Meet several entry requirements for Allied Health and Nursing courses
- Develop professional qualities and skills for health science careers
- Learn the terminology and use equipment commonly found in the health care industry
- Begin the foundational concepts of caring for oneself and others
- Career pathway to a variety of professional health care occupations