ADVANCED MANUFACTURING AND WELDING TECHNOLOGY is an industry based shop environment designed for the student who is ready to develop skills and understanding of manufacturing, welding and metal fabrication. Students will practice skills that will prepare them to further their education for industries such as building fabrication, machining, construction, foundry work, agricultural, aerospace and many more.
Students are taught safety, design, processes, light and heavy fabrication, common terms and industry expectations. Students will work on equipment commonly found in modern fabrication and manufacturing industries. This learning opportunity will provide hands-on practice and knowledge which could lead to industry certification and college credits.
- Students in the program may qualify for credits at Walla Walla Community College.
- Welding jacket, helmet, safety glasses, gloves and tape measure will be provided for student use.
- CPR certification included.
- Learn to weld (GMAW, SMAW, GTAW)
- Learn laser cutting and engraving
- Develop skills and understanding of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) equipment
- Study manufacturing processes, assembly and analyze production concepts
- Learn to cut steel and other metals with a CNC plasma cutter
- Learn materials properties, specifications and applications related to manufacturing
- Students can earn credits in Math, English and Science
- Certification for forklift and scissor lift
- COREPlus Manufacturing Certification